The 2017 Historic Sportscar Racing season opens and closes with 12-hour races at Sebring. The opening event is March 15-18 and the finale is November 29-December 3.
For the first time, the Sebring finale will be preceded by the Classic 24 Hour event at Daytona.
“The 2017 HSR racing season promises to be both exciting and memorable with more than one milestone event on the calendar,” said sanctioning body president David Hinton.
The HSR’s season opener will provide a limited number of drivers the opportunity to race during the 65th annual 12 Hour of Sebring, which w2ill include an exclusive vintage vehicle exhibition race.
Following the season opener, HSR moves to Road Atlanta, April 2—13, for the 40th anniversary of The Mitty, where Porsche will be showcased as the featured marque.
Additionally, the traditional season-ending Daytona Historics and Sebring Historics will be included in the Classic 24 Hour and Classic 12 Hour event formats.
“Combining these fantastic Road Atlanta, Daytona, and Sebring races with other events at top venues like Virginia International Raceway, Mont-Tremblant and Savannah Hutchinson Island will make (the season) even better” Hinton said.
Historic Sportscar Racing Event Schedule:
- March 15 – 18: 65th Annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring HSR Exhibition | Sebring International Raceway – Sebring Florida
- April 20 – 23: 40th Anniversary of The Mitty | Road Atlanta – Braselton, Georgia
- May 25 – 27: VIR Historic Races | Virginia International Raceway – Danville, Virginia
- July 6 – 9: Sommet des Légendes | Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant – Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada
- September 14 – 17: Atlanta Fall Historics | Road Atlanta – Braselton, Georgia
- October 25 – 29: Savannah Speed Classic | Grand Prize of America Course on Hutchinson Island – Savannah, Georgia
- November 8 – 12: Classic 24 Hour at Daytona and Daytona Historics | Daytona International Speedway – Daytona Beach, Florida
- November 29 – December 3: Classic 12 Hour at Sebring, Pistons and Props, presented by the Alan Jay Automotive Network and the Sebring Historics | Sebring International Raceway – Sebring Florida