Leake Auction Company opened its 2015 season by attracting a record crowd last weekend to Cox Pavilion at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds, where 428 vehicles crossed the two-lane auction block. Seventy-one percent of those vehicles sold for a combined $6.8 million.
“The Oklahoma City auction was a thundering success,” Richard Sevenoak, president of the Leake Auction Company, said in a news release. “Kicking off our auction season with these numbers provides great momentum going into our Dallas auction, April 17, 18 and 19.”
The high-dollar sale of the OKC sale was a 1989 Porsche Speedster convertible that sent for $190,300 (including buyer’s premium).
Other notable sales included:
- A 1967 Chevrolet Corvette resto mod at $154,000,
- A 2008 Bentley Continental GT at $86,900,
- A 2013 Porsche Panamera GTS at $85,800,
- A 1971 Oldsmobile 442 W30 at $85,250,
- A 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake at $84,700,
- A 2011 Local Motors Rally Fighter at $74,800,
- A 2006 Bentley GT Coupe at $70,950.