INDYCAR: 100TH RUNNING OF THE INDY 500
Alexander Rossi stretched his last tank of fuel over the final 36 laps of the centennial running of the Indianapolis 500, at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, May 29, 2016. The car’s momentum was enough to carry Rossi across the finish line 4.4975 seconds ahead of the second place finisher. With this win, Rossi became the 10th rookie in Indianapolis 500 history to win the race.
Historically, the Indy 500 has been considered the “greatest spectacle in racing,” as it showcases achievement, the human pursuit of progress, and the relentless pursuit for more skill, innovation, strength, speed, and glory.
- Stinger Indy car auction generates $900,000 for charity
- Barrett-Jackson to help celebrate Indianapolis 500 centennial with special auction
- Historic reunion: Indycars return to Phoenix
- Indy 500 exhibit to honor 100th running
- Six Indy 500 winners slated for Arizona Concours roundtable
- Arizona Concours to celebrate 100th running of Indianapolis 500
- Game-changing Brawner Hawk raced by Mario Andretti at Indy will appear at Amelia Island Concours in Florida
- Goodwood 2016 honors Indy, Can-Am, Brabham and Hunt
- Classic Profile: Maserati wins 1939 Indianapolis 500
- Classic Profile: Wally Dallenbach Sr. Indy cars
- 1938 Maserati takes lap at Indy, honors in U.S. archive