2016 Grand Prix of Scottsdale
The streets of downtown Scottsdale will be transformed November 4-6 into a modern Great Gatsby-inspired version of the roaring ‘20s as Vintage Mini Races hit the streets in the second annual Grand Prix of Scottsdale.
The three-day event begins Friday evening with a display of the cars in team livery during the “Gatsby Under the Stars Gala.” The gala takes place on the Marshall Way Bridge and benefits Southwest Human Development, one of the racing weekend’s charity partners.
Gatsby lawn parties take place Saturday and Sunday with attendees encouraged to dress in ‘20s-era attire as they sample local beer, wines, and food while enjoying music from the era, choreographed dance performances, and a special cigar bar with club seating.
Also Saturday is the Concours d’ Kids for children to compete in the Grand Prixni, a mini driving experience as well as various crafts and games.
The Grand Prix of Scottsdale officially begins at 11 a.m. on Sunday, following the 2016 Vintage Victory Trophy presentation during the trackside Dine and Drive breakfast. Radio personality Dave Pratt will be master of ceremonies and Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane is the pace car passenger for the main event.
Meet the Teams
- Launch Real Estate, Car No. 50
- Artisan Colour, Car No. 98
- Urban Luxe Partners, Car No. 17
- Nathan and Associates, Car No. 13
- Almeida Molecular Imaging Fund, Phoenix Molecular Imaging, Car No. 511
- Prostate Cancer Research Institute, Car No. 18
- Silverhawk Financial, Car No. 33
- Marcellino Ristorante, Car No. 7/11
- Big-O Metals, Car No. 50
- In-Ground Trampolines, Car No. 4
- Dripping Springs Vodka, Car No. 5
- iHeart Media & iHeart Radio, Car No. 99
- AEI Lighting, Car No. 10
- Azcentral.com Food & Wine Experience & Hagerty Insurance, Car No. 15
- Celebration Stem Cell Centre, Car No. 55
- Buffalo Collection & 5th Avenue Shops, Car No. 46
- AEI Fabrication, Car No. 11
- Russo and Steele, Car No. 88 and Car No. 89
- International Color Services, Car No. 00
- Money Radio, Car No. 20
- ClassicCars.com, Car No. 77