The 75th Members Meeting, to be held this weekend at England’s Goodwood Motor Circuit, will celebrate cars that competed in the inaugural 1987 World Touring Car Championship and be broadcast through the ClassicCars.com Facebook page.
While the event hosts members of the Goodwood Road Racing Club, in addition to the live broadcast of the event, a limited number of tickets are available to the public for purchase.
During the event, members and racegoers will witness two batches of cars that complied within the FIA’s Group A regulations and competed in the 1987 touring car championship. One session will showcase early Group A vehicles such as BMW 635s, Jaguar XJSs, Rover SD1s and Volvo 240 Turbos while the other will have Ford RS500s, BMW M3s and Alfa Romeo 75s.
Demonstrations that take place throughout the weekend highlighting the diversity of the era’s cars, including such fan favorites as the Ford Mustang.
The event will also host the following competitions for various race groups:
- F. Edge Trophy –- For Edwardian Specials of a type that raced up to 1923
- Gerry Marshall Trophy –- For Group 1 saloon cars of a type that raced between 1970 and 1982
- Hailwood Trophy -– For two-stroke 250cc and 350cc Grand Prix motorcycles of a type that raced between 1970 and 1984
- Scott Brown Trophy –- For Lister sports-racing cars of a type that raced up to 1966
- Varzi Trophy –- For Franco-Italian Grand Prix and Voiturette cars of a type that raced up to 1939
- Weslake Cup –- For A-Series-engined sports and GT cars of a type that raced between 1958 and 1966
- Graham Hill Trophy –- For GT cars of a type that raced at Goodwood between 1960 and 1966
- Pierpoint Cup –- For V8-engined saloon cars of a type that raced up to 1966
- Derek Bell Cup –- For one-liter “screamer” Formula 3 cars of a type that raced between 1964 and 1970
- Brabham Trophy — For rear-engined Grand Prix cars of a type that raced between 1954 and 1960
- Surtees Trophy –- For sports-racing prototypes of a type that raced between 1963 and 1966.