A 1967 Grumman Widgeon dubbed “de Plane” in the TV series Fantasy Island sold for $302,500 to earn top sale honors at the recent Branson Auction in Missouri.
Prior to the sale, the plane has been passed from owner to owner after the series ended, and made its way across the United States before it was confiscated in the mid-1980s by the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics because it was being used to smuggle drugs. It was sold yet again in 1999 and then was refurbished.
Top ten highest sales include:
- 1967 Grumman Widgeon, $302,500
- 1950 Jaguar MK V, $110,750
- 1988 Ferrari Testarossa, $104,500
- 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, $88,000
- 1970 Jaguar XKE Series II, $86,350
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette, $80,300
- 1954 Chevrolet Corvette, $80,000
- 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 KR, $79,750
- 1955 Pontiac Starchief-,$60,500
- 1932 Buick Street Rod, $58,850
(Prices include buyer’s premium.)
The second Branson Auction of 2016 is slated for October at the Branson Convention Center.