Europe’s largest showcase of classic Japanese cars is scheduled April 30 at the Silverstone racing circuit in England.
The event known as “Japfest” moved to Silverstone last year and drew a record 20,000 people
Features this year include:
- The British Drift Championships with the crowning of the “Drift Kings.”
- The Mitsubishi Evo vs. Subaru Impreza standoff, a throwback to the days of Group A rallying, with each respective marque club nominating five cars for laps around the Silverstone Sprint Test and Handling Course, with the fastest combined scores winning for either the Evo or Impreza.
- A 50-car display to celebrate the 10th anniversary in the UK of the Nissan GT-R.
- Retrofest, a special area showcasing old-school Japanese classics.
- Power Paddock, another special area showcasing cars with outstanding power-to-weight ratios.
Also on the schedule are a Show ’n’ Shine, club displays and a retail village featuring “everything you need to maintain and modify your Japanese car.”
Organizers also are planning a similar event July 1 at Donington Park as part of the Fast Car Festival.
For information, visit the event website.